Tuesday, July 19, 2011

OVERLOOK IT???

It happened to me yesterday. I went to a place of business to find out what it would cost to get something fixed. I asked about the cost and how long it would take to get addressed. The man responded with an attitude that caught me by surprise and then walked away from me as if I did not exist. All of a sudden I was faced with what I would do... Can you relate?

All of us make decisions every day about what we will do with the things that have been done to us. Sometimes those things happened a long time ago-sometimes it will happen today. What will you do? What should you do?

There are times when the appropriate thing to do is to address it and do it well. Sometimes the best thing to do is to walk away and over look it.

A man’s wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense.
” (Proverbs 19:11)

I have to admit that I failed to handle the situation yesterday well. I spoke out of frustration and anger. I did not say a lot but what I said was not said very well. Quite honestly, it was one of those times when I just should overlooked it and let it go. So, today I'm going to seek to be better prepared to do what needs to be done.

What about you? Got anything that you need to overlook and let go?

No comments:

Post a Comment