Women Need Thoughtful Affection:
Women want to have a sense of closeness and connection with their husbands. They want to know that they are number one in their life and that they are on their minds. Gary Smalley in his book "Love is A Decision" says there are at least five ways to communicate affection to your wives:
1. Words of Affirmation: Never underestimate the amazing power of positive and affirming words in your relationship.
2. Quality Time: Means exactly what it says that you set aside time in your calendar and schedule to spend quality time with her. I believe that you need to find a way to do this for a few minutes each day if at all possible and then you find a way once a week to have extended time together.
3. Gifts - flowers, cards,candy etc. These gifts don’t have to be large ones-in fact sometimes the small ones matter the most. Gifts are just one way of telling her how much you love and appreciate her.
4. Physical displays (touch). Hugs, holding hands, etc. And, I would add non sexual physical touch.
5. Acts of Service - helping around the house, washing the dishes, cooking dinner, taking out the trash, etc.
Take some time this week to discuss this area with the women in your life and find out what they have to say about this area of their life. Tell me what you think. I'd like to hear from you.