"You have NOTHING to prove and NO ONE to Impress."
This is something that I know but often forget. As a pastor and a person, I often struggle with living this out. I can get caught up in the following...
- Trying to prove my value and worth by what I do.
- Believing that the bigger the numbers we have the better pastor I am
- Trying to impress people with my speaking skills
- Wanting everyone to be okay with every decision we make
- Letting some criticism wreck me
So. today I can relax because "I have nothing to prove and no one to impress." By the way neither do you...
What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? (Romans 8:31-32)