Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"Stand Up"

I don't know about you but sometimes I fell like I fall so short of what God wants to do in my life and how God wants to use me. Sometimes I get focused on my weakness and failures and feel that I have very little to offer to God or others. But then God reminds me that He chooses to use those who are weak and broken-those who have failed and will fail again. All He asks of me is to "Stand Up."

Peter had failed Jesus-he had denied him three times and deserted him. Peter had even gone back to fishing-but then He encountered the Risen Lord and Peter's life was changed. Peter was the first one to stand up and speak to the small band of disciples in the upper room (Acts 1:15). Peter was the first one to stand up and speak to the large crowd who had gathered on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:14).

God chose to use a weak and broken man-one who had failed miserably. All Peter had to do was "Stand Up". When he did, God did some amazing things.

I wonder what God will chose to do today in my life if I am willing to "Stand UP"? I don't know, but I do know I will never know if I don't "Stand Up". So, today I will "Stand Up". What about you, will you "Stand Up"? Let me know, I'd love to hear what God is up to in your life.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post! I need the reminder sometimes too to just stand up! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete