Sunday, April 1, 2012

I Surrender... Raising the White Flag.

Surrender!  That's not a word that we like very much.  We think of white flags and cowards who just can't cut it.  We like winners-those who prevail not those who give up control and let someone else run their life.  

Yet this is exactly  Jesus did-this is exactly the way that He lived his life and the way that He calls us to live.  He surrendered to the Father's will for his life.  He gave up control and let someone else run his life.  

Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.” (Luke 23:46)  

This is also what he calls us to do.  This is hard for me.  I don't know about you, but I like to be in control.  I want to be in charge.  I want to make the choices that I want to make and set the course of where I want to go.  Often when I do this, I mess things up far more than I make them better.

God has placed me in a situation this week where he has made it clear that I am not in charge, I am not in control.  I never have been and I never will be?.  So, once more, I have raised the white flag and held up my hands and said "I surrender". 

Will you pray for me to keep the flag and arms up and allow Him to take control and run my life?  Will you do the same?  I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment