Saturday, March 31, 2012

King of the Jews...

The big challenge for Pilate was trying to determine what to do with Jesus. When he first examined him, he made it known to everyone that he found no fault in him and would have him beaten and then released. But the Jewish leaders told Pilate that if he did this, he was no friend of Caesar because Jesus claimed to be a king.

Pilate was frightened and examined Jesus again asking if he were a king-Jesus essentially said yes. But, he made it clear that his kingdom was not of this world. He made it clear that his kingdom had different values. His kingdom would not be built on money, sex or power. His kingdom would be built on loving,giving and serving.

 So, this king was beaten and battered. This king carried and cross. This king was nailed to it and gave up his life. This king got Pilate's attention in a way that no one else had ever been able to do. So, this is the charge that Pilate wrote and placed on the cross...

There was a written notice above him, which read: THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.” (Luke 23:38)

The big question for me and for you is what will we do with this kings?  Will we surrender to him and the values that are his?

This has been a tough week for me-I'm having to deal with some intense stuff.  As I'm doing this, I need to be reminded of the King that I am seeking to follow-I need to be reminded of his values and I need his help to live those out even in the tough times-just as He did.

This is the King of the Jews and the King of My Life-what about you????

No comments:

Post a Comment