Friday, May 8, 2009

We need each other ...

I love being a pastor and am so thankful that God has called to it. I love the people of the Bridge Church and living here in the Reno-Tahoe area. It just doesn't get any better than this.

But this has been one of those weeks where I have felt overwhelmed and inadequate for the task. I have met with several people who are facing some very big challenges in their lives. I have also heard some stories of things that have brought tears to my eyes. It seems people are hurting now more than ever. Some are in pain because of mistakes they have made, some because of the mistakes of others and some because of the condition of our world.

There are hurting people all around us. In fact some of you reading this can relate on a personal level. We all can.

All of this reminds me that we desperately need each other. We need people in our lives who know us and love us. People who will reach out to us and will be available for us. People who will walk with us.

Today, I encourage you to reach out. Make yourself available to those around you. You never know what will happen in your life or in theirs as you do.

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10)

What do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment