Monday, June 15, 2009

Are you getting into it?

Yesterday we started a new teaching series "God I Gotta Question". We are dealing with some of the big questions that people have about the Christian faith for the next few weeks. The question for yesterday was "Can I Really Trust the Bible?" . (You can listen to the message or get the notes by clicking on this link.)

The Bible is, by far, the most unique book in all of human history. It was written over a period of 1,400 years, by over 40 different authors from very walk of life. It was written on three different continents in three different languages. Rulers and nations have tried to destroy it. Many have given their lives so that you and I can have access to it in a language that we can understand.

The Bible still remains the number one best seller each year. There are over 7 billion copies of the Bible in existence today. The United Bible Society distributed over 278,000,000 copies of all or portions of the Bible in 2007. It has been translated in to over 2,500 languages. Most of you reading this today have several different translations of the Bible in your homes.

For me, the big question for most of us not do I trust it or believe it, but am I getting into it and allowing God to speak to my life and change me? So, I simply ask: Are you getting into it today? If not , why not pick it up right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment