Thursday, June 18, 2009

Faith or Fear... Which Will it be Today?

This morning as I was in my time with God, I came across a passage that I can so relate to. Maybe this is an issue for you as well.

Then he (Jesus) got into the boat and his disciples followed him. Without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid? Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm. The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!” (Matthew 8:23-27).

The disciples had seen Jesus do so many amazing things and then when something happens that they were not anticipating they allow fear to take over their lives. I find myself doing the same thing several times in my day when something happens that I was not anticipating. It could be...

...an unexpected phone call

...an appointment with someone that does not go the way I was thinking

...a higher than expected bill

...an unexpected response from a friend

...changes in our world

You name it, it can be almost anything that can cause me to respond in fear. Yet, I know that I can trust Jesus to take care of each and every moment of my life. He always has and always will. SO the big question for me today is: Fear or Faith: Which one will drive me as I face whatever comes my way today? I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment