Tuesday, July 12, 2011

TheQuestion for Today. Are you STUPID???

I know this is probably not the best way to start off this morning. However, here's the verse that got my attention as I was reading Proverbs 12:

Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. ” (Proverbs 12:1)

I hate to admit it, but sometimes I am a STOOO-PID man. My first impulse is to react negatively when I am corrected or criticized. Early on in my life, I would always get defensive whenever anyone would try to correct me. I am getting better but still have a long way to.

Someone who loved me once told me that my defensiveness would cause people to stop taking to me about these areas and when they stopped talking, I would stop growing. I got upset when he first told me this, but I have come to realize that he was right. I need to have people talk to me and I need to listen.

I do know that I have learned a lot about myself and have grown tremendously whenever I have listened to others who cared enough to talk to me. I have also learned they are not always 100% correct in what they have to say, but often there is some truth in it that I can learn from. So, I don't want to be a STUPID man-how about you?


How do you respond to correction and criticism? What are you learning? Let me hear from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment