Monday, July 11, 2011

Generosity is the Key...

Our Summer Reading Challenge for July is the book of Proverbs. I am already behind in blogging some of my thoughts but I'm beginning today through the end of the month.

Solomon tells us in chapter 11 that Generosity is the Key to prosperity and refreshment.

One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.
” (Proverbs 11:24–25).

I think about those who have given and been generous to me and the way that I have been helped and refreshed by them. I want to be that kind of person as well. I want the Bridge Church to be known for our generosity and willingness to help others. I don't want to be known for withholding but for giving.

So, today I am going to look for opportunities to be generous to those God brings into my life. I want to be generous with my resources, my time and my attention to those who need it.

How have you been helped by the generosity of others? How will you be generous today? How can we become more generous as a Church? I would love to hear from you...

No comments:

Post a Comment