Sunday, July 17, 2011

Keep Quiet...

All too often we are quick to talk about anything. We pass along our opinions, thoughts and ideas about everything-Politics, Hollywood, Our Neighbors, the President, Congress, the World. We love to tell what we think about it whether we know much about it at all. It's amazing how much we can talk and never really say anything worth listening to.

I realized this as I was having lunch with someone last week. I found myself giving an opinion about a subject that I hardly knew anything about. My lunch partner graciously set me straight on the subject. I felt like a fool...

Some years ago, someone told me that it is better to sit there and be thought a fool than to stand up and speak and remove all doubt. Seems that Proverbs gives us the same advice...

Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue. (Proverbs 17:28)

Maybe I need to say less and learn more. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment