Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Jesus Cleans Up!!!

Today begins our Easter Reading Schedule: We are taking the next 43 days to read through the Easter Story in the Scriptures and allow God to work in us and through us.

Mark 11:15-17: On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple area and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He oer turned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves, and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts. And as he taught them, he said, "Is it not written; My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations." But you have made it a den of robbers.

Jesus made it clear that the temple was there for all people from all nations. It was to be a place where people could come and meet God regardless of who they were or where they came from. The religious leaders were taking advantage of those hwo came and making huge profits as a result.

Today, I am asking myself this question: What does God want to clean up in my life so that it I make it easier for others to get to know him? The thing that comes to my mind is that I need to be much more aware of the people that I come into contct with. I am prone to have my agenda and overlook opportunities just to connect with others and show an interest in them. Today, I am looking for ways God would want me to make a difference for them.

What about you, is there anything God would want to clean up in your life so that others could get to know him?

No comments:

Post a Comment