Saturday, February 25, 2012

Keep Watch and Be Prepared!

Jesus' disciples wanted to know when the end would come-they wanted to know when the things he had taught related to the last days would be fulfilled.

It seems to me that people have always wanted to know when these things would happen and when the end would come. There is always someone out there who has "figured it out" and sets a time and date for when the end would come and Jesus would return. People get all excited and upset-sometimes they even sell everything they have and give it to the one who has made the prediction.

This has always puzzled me because Jesus said that no one knows the date or time-not even him. But here is what Jesus did tell us about the last days:

“Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!’ ”” (Mark 13:35–37)

It seems to me that we are to live each day as if this could be the day. We are to live out what we know to be true because Jesus could come at any moment. So, today I want to keep watch and be prepared. I want to live this day as if it could be my last day. I want to love God and love people and share the hope that I have in Him.

I believe that we should keep watch and be prepared. What do you think? Let me hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment