Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 2

I love the way the John tells us about the life of Jesus in his gospel. John focuses on several miracles that Christ did while he was here. I think it is very interesting that His first miracle occurred at a Wedding Celebration. First of all, Jesus chose to be at this wedding and then he chose to step into a very embarrassing situation for the host. (Running out of wine during this occasion was a tremendous social no no!).

Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water”; so they filled them to the brim. Then he told them, “Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.” They did so,and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.” (John 2:7-10)

Jesus chose to turn water into wine at a public celebration and it was really good wine!!! In fact, those who were there said it was the best. Evidently Jesus thought there were some things in life worth taking the time to celebrate and enjoy. Doing this can be a big challenge to me. I love to celebrate, but I often find myself focusing on the next thing that needs to get done and not taking the time to stop, enjoy what God has done and celebrate. So, today, I am going to take some time to celebrate what God is doing.

I celebrate that I have the most amazing wife and children and will take the time to tell them so. I celebrate that I get to work with an amazing staff who loves God and people. I celebrate that God has brought me and Kim to "do life" with some of the greatest people in the world at the Bridge Church. Wow, I am so blessed and today I CELEBRATE.

How about you? What do you have to celebrate and enjoy? Your thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment