Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day 9: Tell Your Story...

The unfortunate truth for the church today is that many people will never share their faith with others. There are lots of reasons why this happens. Some people feel that they don't know enough, some are afraid they will offend and others think that they will face rejection

I love this story from John 9 about the man who was born blind and was healed by Jesus. You would think that everyone would be excited that someone who had been born blind could now see. But this was not the case. This, however did not stop the man who was healed. He had a story to tell and he did not care what others had to say. He knew he WAS blind but NOW he could see. I'd be excited about that...

A second time they summoned the man who had been blind. “Give glory to God,” they said. “We know this man is a sinner.”He replied, “Whether he is a sinner or not, I don’t know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!” (John 9:24-25).

Tell your story, it's the one thing that you know with absolute certainty. Tell how God is at work in your life-you are an authority on you. When you do that you will be amazed at how God will use that in the lives of others.

Life Way Research recently published an article entitled: Americas Open to Outreach. They surveyed over 15,000 people who do not attend church and found that almost 2 out of 3 would be open to a conversation about faith and church if it came from a family member, friend or a neighbor. 63% of the people you come into contact with would be open to hearing your story and a spiritual discussion. The article goes on to say that the fact that Easter is only a few days away is another reason to tell your story.

So, my question for you is this: Are you telling your story? If not, why not? God will use your story to influence and encourage others. And with Easter coming up, this may be one of your best opportunities to do so. I'm praying for that chance today as I interact with those God brings into my path.

What about you? I would love to hear how you are sharing your story and what God is doing... It's your turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment