Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day 4: The Focus I Need!

John 4:
John gives us another action packed chapter from the life of Jesus. There is a lot here to think through for your day. This is what caught my attention:

"My food", said Jesus, "is to do the will of Him who sent me and to finish His work." (John 4:34)

There are a lot of things that can claim my attention during the day. Some things are good, some not so good and some things are better than others. There are things I like to do and some that I have to do.

Jesus was saying that the thing that sustained Him was doing the Father's will. He was saying that the thing that gave Him life, even more than physical food, was to accomplish what God had called Him to do. His greatest joy was to always please His Father more than anyone or anything else.

I can't always say this about my life. (Maybe you can relate?) Sometimes I find it easier for other things to become the focus of my life. I find greater satisfaction from doing what others want me to do or what I would rather do, than to always focus on doing God's will in my life.

My prayer for today is that I will focus my life on accomplishing my Father's will and allow that to not only be the focus of my life, but mt greatest joy and satisfaction as well.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment