Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 10: Security Guaranteed

People worry about their security. In this day of changing economic times, uncertain job situations and global challenges we feel more threatened and less secure. We wonder if we can make it through the day and, well, the future, is very scary. We become more and more anxious about everything.

But Jesus makes an incredible promise. He says that He came for one reason. He came to give us life-full and free. Both now and forever.....

...I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. (John 10:10b)


He goes on to say says there is something that we can stake our lives upon-something that will never change. He gives an unconditional guarantee to those who have surrendered their lives to Him-those who are His sheep.

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. (John 10:27-29)

Jesus makes this incredible promise to us-we have life through Him and no one or nothing can take that away. We are secure.

I don't know about you, but there are times when this can be hard for me to embrace....

-I struggle with sins that ought to be gone.

-I often face hard problems and situations that are definitely my fault.

-There are days when I don't feel like I am His.

But, then I remember that my security is guaranteed by my Father and life, eternal life, is promised because of what Jesus has done for me. So, today, regardless of what is happening in our world and whether or not I fail, I am in His hands. I have His promise that I am His and no one or nothing can change that.

If you know Him, if you have heard His call and surrendered to Him, you are His. Let this be the focus of our lives today.

Security Guaranteed...

No comments:

Post a Comment