Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Gift

I love to get gifts.  They always remind me that someone is thinking about me and someone cares about me.  There is a gift that I have received that I often forget about and don't take advantage of.  It is a gift that I need practically everyday but that I often forget to

I don't know about you, but I can often allow the chaos and confusion of this world to overwhelm me and stress me out.  I allow the things that are happening to me and around me to become the focus and take my eyes off the One who has promised to take care of me.

Jesus knew that the disciples' world was about to be turned upside down-all that they believed was about to be challenged for each and every one of them.  So, He gave them a gift that they would need.  He gave them a gift that would help keep them steady no matter what life brings.


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)  

Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” (John 20:21)  

Peace is a gift that God gives to us.  We can have peace in the middle of a troubled world because of Him.  So, today when life becomes hectic and crazy and uncertain, I want to remember that I have a gift from the one who gave his all for me.  My prayer is that you will remember the gift for your life as well.  


1 comment:

  1. Great reminder! Thanks for the blog posts. They are a bright spot in my day. :)

    ReplyDelete