Monday, March 19, 2012

Slow to believe...

On some level, it surprises me that none of Jesus' disciples were waiting outside the tomb where he was buried on the 3rd day.  He had told them that he would be arrested, that he would suffer and die and he did.  He had told them that  would all desert him and that Peter would deny him and it all happened just as he had said.  You would think they would have remembered his words about rising from the dead on third day.  But they did not.

But then, I am not surprised.  Because I am like they were.  I am quick to forget and slow to believe when things get messed up in my world.  Their lives were turned upside down in just a few hours and though thing happened as Jesus told them-it took them awhile to get it.


He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead! Remember what he told you back in Galilee, that the Son of Man must be betrayed into the hands of sinful men and be crucified, and that he would rise again on the third day.” Then they remembered that he had said this.” (Luke 24:6–8)

Then Jesus said to them, “You foolish people! You find it so hard to believe all that the prophets wrote in the Scriptures. Wasn’t it clearly predicted that the Messiah would have to suffer all these things before entering his glory?” Then Jesus took them through the writings of Moses and all the prophets, explaining from all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.” (Luke 24:25–27)  


I am glad that our Stavior deals patiently with them and with  me when I forget and am slow to believe.  Maybe today, maybe this week I will not be so slow to believe.


No comments:

Post a Comment