Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sometimes we ignore the truth in front of us...

I find it hard to believe that the religious leaders and even the disciples missed the truth that Jesus taught.  How could they not catch on to the things that were happening to Him, especially after what he said would happen did in fact happen.

At the beginning of his last week, he has dinner with Lazarus-the man he raised from the dead.  He is anointed with perfume and tells them that this foretells his death.  He will not be with them much longer.  He then tells them that he would be lifted up to die.

And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die.” (John 12:32–33)

How could they not get it?  When he is arrested and put on that cross, why could they not see it?  How could they ignore the truth right in front of them?

This is what I often think abut them, but then I look a my life and realize that I do the same.  I can get caught up in the moments of my life and miss out on the things that He is doing.  Something happens that I'm not expecting and I can act like He is not there and does not exist.  I forget the things that He has done for me and for others and live as if He can't be trusted.

Sometimes I ignore the truth that is right in front of me.  Today I want to stay awake and alert and remember what He has done and trust what He is doing.  He has demonstrated over and over that He is trustworthy.  What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment