Saturday, April 18, 2009

Authentic Christ-Centered Community

Tomorrow we are continuing our series "Unstoppable Becoming the Church God Intends."

Our focus will be "Authentic Christ-Centered Community". We live in a world, particularly here in America, where we have a "what's in it for me" attitude and unfortunately that same attitude is often what we have when it comes to the church. We want a place that focuses on what I want instead of looking for a place where I can help focus on others. But that is not what the church is to do.

An authentic Christ-centered community is what God has called the church to be. A place where Christ is the center and focus and the needs of others matter more than what I want. A place where we love and serve Him and each other. And, when we do, we find life and we give it away and we watch God grow us up and grow His church. This is the attitude that I want to have and the kind of church that I want to be apart of and the kind of church that God intends to build. What kind of church are you looking for?

As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. (Ephesians 4:1-2)

An Authentic Christ-Centered Community will be Unstoppable...

No comments:

Post a Comment