Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day 14: Not Alone...

One of the worst feelings in the world is when you feel all by yourself, when you feel that no one knows and no one cares and you feel ALONE.

In a world with over 6.5 billion people, how can we be alone, how can we feel alone. Yet, we often do.

This, I believe, is also one of our greatest fears. We are afraid to be alone. When we struggle we feel like we are the only one and we are on our own.

I believe that Jesus understood this about us. He knew that one of the reasons his disciples did not want him to leave was because they would feel alone, abandoned. But, he made it clear that after he left, the Holy Spirit would come and not only be with them, but in them.

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. (John 14:16-18)

So, no matter how I feel or what others do, I am not alone. God, himself, lives within me through the Holy Spirit to comfort me, empower me and remind me that I am His. I am NOT ALONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment