Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day 16: Take Heart...

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)

Jesus gives us two promises in this verse. One that I like and one that I don't like so much. First of all, he makes it clear that I can have peace regardless of what is happening because of him. Then, he says that i can expect to experience trouble in this world-that is just the nature of this place. But there is something that I can do about that...

I can TAKE HEART because he has overcome the world. And since he has overcome the world, I can also.

Today, I choose to TAKE HEART. I don't have to allow the troubles that come to dictate my attitudes and actions. I can choose to have a positive outlook because I know that regardless of whatever I may face today it is temporary.

This week as I look to Easter morning and the resurrection, I know that he has overcome all of it and since I belong to him, I TAKE HEART!

Will you?


No comments:

Post a Comment