Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 15: Staying Connected...

One of my biggest challenges is staying connected to God. I love to get things done. Like a lot of other people, I like being busy. I want to do things that matter in people's lives and honor God. There are always things that I want to accomplish and do.

The problem with that mindset is that I can get have so many things to do that I start to rely on me to get it done and not trust in Him. I move from one thing to next without ever stopping to think about it. There are times when I get a lot done but then realize that what I have done does not make a real difference in the lives of others. God's power and blessings are not there. It was all a real waste of time.

You see. my power source comes from staying connected to Him. It comes from remaining and trusting in Him.

Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. (John 15:4-5)

Jesus said " ...apart from me you can do nothing."

I think what Jesus means is that apart from Him I cannot do anything that truly matters for people or for Him.

I want to do things that matter.

I want to focus on accomplishing meaningful tasks.

I want to make a difference in people's lives.

I want to honor God with what all I do.

I can only do these but staying connected to Him. With Easter coming up, there are a lot of things that I need to and want to do. My first commitment though and greatest focus needs to be staying connected to Him. Please pray that I will do it and I will pray that you will also...

No comments:

Post a Comment